Monday, January 01, 2007

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is it really a brand, spankin' new year already?

I wonder where on earth the year has gone. It seems like just yesterday the last new year was upon Me and here yet again time has proven to keep on rolling by. I am yet, another year older, another year wiser and another year... older! I was not sure if I mentioned that or not.

I could sit here and be the one that sugar coats everything that is written here, yet that is not Me.

My Sadistic urges are getting the best of Me and I feel as if I am wandering around somewhere between sanity and insanity. Although, I am not sure that being in that place is a bad place to be. I tend to gravitate to that realm and the people that roam there as well. I am not one who believes in hiding yourself, your true nature from anyone but with the holidays and family creeping around every corner I have felt extremely stifled. Almost as if I am suffocating. Don't get Me wrong, it has been lovely having everyone home for Christmas and the New year but it has proven to be quite hard. All of My books are turned around, I don't have nearly as much time to focus My meditation, do any type of ritual or speak to the ones I need to. So it has made Me feel a bit off kilter. Yet, with all of My complaining they will be going home this weekend and then it will once again be too quiet in this home.

I have always been one that deals on a schedule. Although at times I am a "Fly by the seat of My pants" type girl, normally on a day to day I deal with things as they come. Making sure things run as smoothly as possible. I think I have to be that way because My day is so full that if I don't do that everything spills over.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I took a long hot bath this afternoon and that seemed to help a bit. Of course it was not nearing as long as I would have liked but none the less I did get a bit of time alone.

I have been talking over the last month or so about changing My blogger name to one that suits Me best for this moment. I still plan on doing that, yet I want to make perfectly clear that Isis agrees with what I am speaking of. To most, this is strange. I understand that fully well but to those that do understand, they know the dire need to move things along. It is not as if I will be struck by lightening, yet I want to be respectful and not wear out My welcome.

I have been wanting some of Maya Angelou's writings. Each and every time I want into Barnes and Noble (My favorite store BTW) I always gravitate to her section. Yet, like any other Mother out there We tend to not do those types of things for ourselves. Rather, We buy something that We "need" and not want. There is one poem written by Her that I throughly enjoy. It is based on Discrimination and although I am not the "normal" type of person that gets hit by it, I still understand it being that My views even in the D/s realm are so different from everyone else's. I won't post the whole poem but will give you a taste of its beauty.

Still I Rise
by: Maya Angelou
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own backyard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

She is such a beautiful Woman. These are some of the books that I am wanting
to read this year.
If anyone knows of a good discount bookstore, please pass the information
on through.
I have posted a few other books that I would like to look into.
I probably should have asked for more books for Christmas
but then it raises a few flags in why I want the books that I do.
My family is just plum Nosy. The list goes from
top priority.

*Dictionary of the Gods and Goddess--Micheal Jordan*
*The book of Gods and Goddesses--Eric Chanline*
*The complete collected poems of Maya Angelou*
*2007 Witches Wall calender*
*The red haired girl from the bog--Patricia Monaghan*
*Dark Moon Rising--Raven Kaldera*


Anyway there are just a few. I have a list somewhere
and will have to dig it out.
I hope Everyone has had a good New Years!

Blessed be,
Goddess Moon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home