Monday, January 08, 2007

<span onclick=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0">

My heart is breaking just a little bit this morning. More then a little bit but I don't confess too much.
A very good friend of Mine passed away early this morning and My heart feels a bit heavy.

For many years I worked in the Hospice, Nursing home and assisted living field. Taking care of those who could no longer take care of themselves. Over those years, one becomes close to many who have already lived this life and are simply waiting to enter their next. As I worked in high school at a local nursing home. Working toward My Medical Administration licence, I met a beautiful woman named Nadine. She was in the assisted living wing and once I received My degree and moved forward (An hour and a half away from home), her family put her in the facility that I was working in. All of her family lived in TX and for Me they were very much My extended family once I went to college. After returning home I would visit her three times a week. When I met her she was very well. Slightly forgetting things as in taking her medicine on time, where she left her car, turning off the stove. So an assisted living was the best thing for her. As time moved on, she lost her memories, her body but never her soul.

When I began working at the Nursing home at 15, I would bring her home for Sunday dinners and holidays that her family could not attend. She was, as she called it, My Guardian Grandmother. Mine had passed when I was young and She and My grandmother were friends. In fact they came over to America together.

I received a panicked phone call at 1:45am this morning. Nadine, who had had a stroke in the night took a turn for the worst.
In a quiet voice I heard her daughter Bee say "It's time"

I grabbed some clothes and in the car I went. Hoping that the two hour drive did not leave Me hoping I would have driven faster to make it to her passing.

Thankfully I was quick enough and walked into a dim lit room with this beautiful Woman of 83 laying there lifeless. Her daughter simply nodded to Me and I did what I was supposed to do. Nadine and I talked many an hour about this moment. She had been ready long ago. Her husband died 12 years before and once her mind started to go, she no longer wanted to be a soul on the earth. I tried many times to not talk about it but she wanted Me to be fully aware what she had told her children and what she expected out of Me once this time had come.

I did her hair the way she told Me too. I put her makeup on exactly the way she wore it.
Dressed her in her finest dress and sat beside her.
Her favorite song light sang in her ear over and over again until she finally let go. I kept My end of the promise and an hour later, She went to heaven.

I didn't cry. Not there anyway. I promised her that I would be strong for her children (whom are 30 years older then I). I was strong, I did what she wanted Me to do.

The drive took Me longer then I thought to get home. I am not sure how many times I pulled over to sob. Making it impossible to drive. I will miss her more then words could ever say.

So Nadine, you were dressed pretty, looked pretty, smelled pretty and sang to heaven. Make sure you prop a brick in for Me because I may have some trouble getting in!

Lyrics to your favorite song
You have loved lots of girls in the sweet long-ago
And each has meant heaven to you
You have vowed your affection to each one in turn
And have sworn to them all you'd be true
You have kissed 'neath the moon while the world seemed in tune,
Then you've left her to hunt a new game.
Does it ever occur to you later my boy, that she's prob'ly doing the same?

If you want to feel wretched and lonely and blue,
Just imagine the girl you love best
In the arms of some fellow who's stealing a kiss
From the lips that you once fondly pressed
But the world moves apace and the loves of today
Flit away with a smile and a tear,
So you can never tell who's kissing her now
Or just whom you'll be kissing next year.

I wonder who's kissing her now, I wonder who's teaching her how,
I wonder who's looking into her eyes, breathing sighs, telling lies.
I wonder who's buying the wine for lips that I used to call mine.
I wonder if she ever tells him of me, I wonder who's kissing her now.

Blessed be
Moon

2 Comments:

At 2:32 AM , Blogger Aradia said...

My thoughs are with You, Sis. I am sending loving, healing energy Your way.

I love You,

A

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger oldbear said...

Dear Lady, thank you for your kindness, strength, and and grace in helping yor dear friend leave this world.

While it is sad to read this, it is also very uplifitng, for the kind of Love you gave your friend transcends the ugliness than can be in this world, and points to a higher more sublime realm.

I am grateful to you dear Lady!

Sincerely, OLdBear

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home